2010 Preseason BlogPoll Ballot
For the 2010 season, BCS Know How has been selected to take part in the bloggers’ equivalent of the AP or Coaches’ Poll and be a voting member of the SB Nation College Football BlogPoll
Just like in the other polls you see on a weekly basis, the BlogPoll asks its voters to rank teams 1-25 after each weeks’ games have been completed.
However, the BlogPoll is different because the voters are encouraged to ask their readers for feedback on their ballots, and make changes accordingly. Each blog reader should have a say, so this is your opportunity. Ballot drafts are due Monday and finalized ballots aren’t due until Wednesday, giving us bloggers a longer evaluation and sink-in period in which to make informed and well-discussed choices.
Each week, I’ll be posting a draft of my ballot, followed by some justifications and asking for your advice. I’ll make sure to set out why I made the decisions I made, and then ask for your feedback.
Normally, I’ll post a draft on Sunday night/Monday morning asking for critiques and feedback, and then a finalized ballot on Wednesday afternoon so you can take a look. However, there’s only one preseason ballot and its right here.
Feel free to say anything you want about my rankings, I won’t take it personally I promise. Critique away, and the input will be valuable.
To learn more about the BlogPoll, read about it on the BlogPoll administrator Brian Cook’s website MGoBlog.
Here’s my preseason ballot:
What I’m Thinking:
- So this is my first ballot in the BlogPoll, I’m pretty excited to be a part of it, so I’m going to try to do my best to justify everything I do here, starting with this preseason poll.
- I tried to stick pretty well to the thoughts I laid out in the conference profile series, however just because I chose a team to win a conference/division, does not mean I stuck to that in these rankings. Most notably, I chose UConn to win the Big East, but that was partly on the ease of its schedule, so I’m putting Pittsburgh slightly in front of the Huskies for now.
- Same thing with Georgia and Florida.
- However, really like the fight in the Beaver at Oregon State.
- I’m not a big fan of Arkansas this season. Yes I know and like Ryan Mallett, however I see shades of Ole Miss ’09 painted all over the Razorbacks. They are omitted intentionally.
- Alabama is still the nation’s favorite for the championship this year. However, they lost a ton on defense, which opens up the top spot for Ohio State — who looked awesome in the Rose Bowl at the end of last year.
- On the same train, I really like the Big Ten this year, so Wisconsin and Iowa get support from me.
- Va. Tech and Boise State play each other, I know, I think these are two of the best teams in the nation, and whoever losses is likely to make their way back to the top of the rankings.
- Not very high on Florida and Texas after losing quarterbacks. However, loving Landry Jones and Oklahoma.
- And yes… my C-USA winner, SMU is ranked here.
- Conference breakdown: Pac-10 (5), Big Ten (4), SEC (4), ACC (3), Big 12 (3), Big East (3), C-USA (1), MWC (1), WAC (1).
So what do you think? Let me know what you love, what you hate, or more likely, that you have no opinion because preseason ballots are completely and utterly perfect.
←BYU Considering Football Independencesb nation virginia tech hokies