BlogPoll Week 14: Unconvinced
I don’t know about you, but I didn’t learn a whole lot from the ACC or Big 12 Championship Games. Both teams looked both good and bad at times. So I’ll give the winners slight bumps, but for the most part, I can’t say it changes much of my opinion.
The SEC and MAC Championship Games did hold some eye openers though, like maybe Northern Illinois and South Carolina aren’t as consistent as we thought.
Last ballot until post-bowl season.
What I’m Thinking:
- So Oklahoma and Virginia Tech are both up one spot.
- South Carolina down bid along with Northern Illinois after their aforementioned losses in championship games.
- I can’t find a reason to drop Nebraska past Oklahoma State or Texas A&M even with the loss.
- Florida State only down two spots post-ACC Championship Game.
- Just one new team this week: Connecticut!!! Yes, after projection the Huskies to make a BCS bowl before the season started and ranking them as high as the mid-teens in the preseason ballot, the Huskies make a return appearance in my ballot. The Huskies are on their way to the Fiesta Bowl and are not ranked in the BCS standings — a first.
- Conference Breakdown: SEC (6), Big 12 (5), WAC (3), Big Ten (3), Pac-10 (2), ACC (2), MWC (2), Big East (2).
So what do you think? Missing anyone? Giving anyone too much/too little credit? Let me know!
←Final Projected BCS Rankings: Oregon and Auburn Meet For BCS National Title