BlogPoll Week Eight: Ballot Undergoes Minor Changes
Another No. 1 falls, although it wasn’t my number one. Oklahoma wasn’t even in the top four in my poll. However, Missouri was vastly underrated.
This weekend’s action had a measured effect on my rankings:
What I’m Thinking:
- I’m thinking most of these moves make sense here, right?
- Dropping West Virginia and Texas is pretty self-explanatory. Adding Syracuse (Syracuse???) and Baylor as their replacements didn’t take much pondering either. Both have shown skill.
- Syracuse??? Really??? Is that all the Big East can muster?
- Drops from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa and LSU can be explained by losses to Missouri, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Auburn. Those teams rises are also a function of their ranked matchup victories.
- USC Watch: Being realistic, if the Trojans can knock off the Ducks at the Coliseum next weekend, they’ll be entrenched in these rankings for a while. If they get blown out, it might spell the end of the Trojans’ season. A close loss would be encouraging, especially because the Trojans have nothing to play for on the surface. They get a couple rungs improvement for not playing this weekend and others falling around them.
- Conference Breakdown: SEC (5), Big 12 (5), Big Ten (4), Pac-10 (4), MWC (2), WAC (2), ACC (2), Big East (1). [Unchanged]
So what do you think? Missing anyone? Giving anyone too much/too little credit? Let me know!
←BlogPoll Week Seven: Blind Taste Test Favors Oregon